Thursday, May 7, 2009

Personal Metaphor "I'm an ant to you."


I'm an ant to you.
I did this metaphor because it relates to my social issue. I feel like an ant. They are small but they are strong and they work hard. Since they are small and harmless, people stomp on them. Just like an ant, I'm harmless trying to get by and do what I am supposed to do. I don't discriminate, I don't judge, and I respect everyone. This causes certain people to take advantage of that. They take my kindness for weakness. Just because I'm may be small and too kind don't mean people can just stomp all over me. I deserve the same respect and kindness back. The problem with me is I constantly let this happen. It causes me to be more to myself. It causes me to be shy. I’m never outspoken when it will benefit me. It causes me to let people pick on me and just laugh it out even if it’s really hurtful. It causes people to tell me what to do. I never say “No!” It’s always a “sure” or “why not.” This is “why not”. Look how people see me now. I don’t know how to show that I am strong. It does not look like it but don’t judge a book by its cover.

I think I could’ve done way better on my project. I have nothing good to say about it honestly except that I really got amazing pictures of ants. But in this project you had to transform yourself into an ant. That was tough for me. Thinking of an idea was tough as well. I had it in my mind but it didn’t come out the way I pictured. I could’ve done the background better, be more creative, and do more things with Photoshop. I feel like I could’ve done way better than what I did.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I want your surrealism posted, along with an artist statement!Joana it has been very fun having you in class. I think you have very strong ideas for your work. I wish you had had your portfolio fully put together. I think over the course of the year you have done some real cool things. Good luck to you in all that you do. I hope you continue creating expressive art-