Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Artist Statement

What you will find in my portfolio is all the photos I took and art that I did in Photoshop in my digital photography class this semester. Also, you will find descriptions about my photos like how I took it, how I feel about the photo, and some of what compositional trick I used. I absolutely love my portfolio! It’s nice to see all I accomplished so far in this class. I feel like I want to do more work so I can add on to the artwork in this portfolio.

I’ve learned a lot over this course of the semester in this class. I’ve learned how to use a camera. Also, what type of tricks I can use when taking photos like rule of thirds, leading lines, macro, and extreme angles. There are many things you can do with a camera that I didn’t know about as well as Photoshop! Coming into this class I seriously didn’t know anything about it. I’ve learned there are tons of things you can do that can make a photo completely different in Photoshop. I love creating something out of it because I got really into it and want to know more about it so I can do more work. Another thing I’ve learned in this class is how to critique a photo. You should use intelligent words and not words like “good.” That’s makes it boring and not worth reading. I’ve learned to use poetry into what I’m talking about in critiques and interpretations.

I feel that I was most successful with taking photos then Photoshop. I like taking photos before coming into this class. I thought that was all we were doing in this class as well. I didn’t know we were also going to do Photoshop! I knew that I was going to struggle with it. The only way I can do well is if my teacher, Ms. Cook, was guiding us. I know I will get better in the future and wouldn’t need Ms. Cook’s help if I just keep using Photoshop till I get more familiar with it. I improved my explanation of things since we make posts of our photos and describe and explain them. I also improved at taking photography. I didn’t know there was so much you can do to make a photo a whole different world!

My time in this class was nice. Plus, Ms. Cook makes me laugh, which makes this class better than it is. Taking photos are fun if I know what I’m doing especially with Natalia. I like thinking of ideas and things to come up with. This class has brought out the creative side of me that I haven’t seen in a long time.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Joanna, your portfolio is awesome. You work very hard in here, and it shows. Your reflections are always well thought out, and I am always impressed by your art. You have a creative mind that you push to get great ideas, and then you work hard to realize those. I think every project I have given, you have stepped up, taken the challenge and worked hard to accomplish it. I appreciate your strong effort. Next semester I look forward to all the other things you have up your sleeves. Keep up the fantastic work!