Friday, September 5, 2008

Compositional Trick #3: Macro

When you use macro, it shows small objects up close. Macro shows small depth of field as well. Depth of field means the backgrounds that get blurry real quickly. When having a deep depth of field, it makes you not focus on the background but the emphasis. Macro would be a good compositional trick when you want a artistic picture. Its good for small things that we tend to walk past and not appreciate. It gives us a different look of the world than how we usually see it.

Out of these two photos above, I like the second one the best. Macro made it look like a whole new world when all it was, was the top of a cactus. The blur of the background enhanced the photograph so that viewers only look at the front where it shows that yellow object. I like this picture because it makes the cactus seem more interesting.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

I like the macros the best because i really like how the flower looks. I like how its in the middle and everything is around it :)